Summer is swiftly approaching, and we want you to get a head-start on preparing your home for all of the…Read More
If you’re a new homeowner with little experience managing your home, here is a checklist curated especially for you. At ZYYAH, we’re all about empowering homeowners so you can step out confidently on your own. When it comes to your home, we want you to be the expert. Keep reading to see if you’ve tackled everything on the list!
- Get an Inspection – This may be best practice for many real estate agents, but you’d be surprised how many first-time homeowners forgo the inspection process. Be sure your agent contacts a trusted professional to complete your inspection or that whomever you choose completes a thorough inspection from the inside out.
- Ensure Home Safety – Sometimes swapping locks is not enough. Be sure to scout for a reliable home security system that covers all bases of the home and offers swift correspondence in the case of an emergency. Ask your agent or close friends and family about their experience with their providers and lean toward one with sound safety protocols.
- Plan Out Your Home Maintenance – It’s wise to know what all will need tending to in and around your home. When it comes to maintaining your home – the HVAC, the pool, the fridge, and more – there’s a lot that goes into keeping your home running smoothly. Create a list of all of your appliances or try out our app, so that you have a bird’s-eye view of your assets and what needs close care.
- Update Your Address Across the Board – Update your address with the post office and spread the word to your loved ones that you’ve moved. Don’t forget to contact your retailers, creditors, or insurance providers and share with them as well!
- Secure Local Health Providers – Dentists, primary care providers, optometrists, oh my! There’s a lot to do when living in a new community. Be sure to ask around and do your due diligence on local providers who are unique to you and your family’s needs.
- Get to Know Your Local Contractors – Reliability is key when it comes to getting things done at home. If you know you’ll need a landscaper, repairman, or dogwalker, hop on the net or ask your neighbor if they have anyone they can recommend. Create a list of reliable contractors who you can call on anytime.
With ZYYAH, we take all the information you input into the app to provide unique insights and recommendations for you to properly manage your home! Join our mailing list below to get first access to the app today and explore all the ways in which our tool utilizes your homeowner info to recommend home improvements, share maintenance tips, take inventory, and more!